It really is offered through unsafe sex (sex without having a condom) and it is typical in intimately active teens and adults that are young.
That you get tested for chlamydia every year or when you change sexual partner if you live in England, are under 25 and are sexually active, it’s recommended.
Outward indications of chlamydia
A lot of people with chlamydia usually do not notice any outward symptoms plus don’t understand it is had by them.
Should you choose develop symptoms, you could experience:
- Discomfort when peeing
- Uncommon release through the vagina, penis or base
- In females, discomfort into the tummy, bleeding after sex and bleeding between durations
- In males, discomfort and inflammation within the testicles
If you were to think you’re prone to having an infection that is sexually transmitted) or have any observeable symptoms of chlamydia, search for a GP, community contraceptive service or neighborhood genitourinary medication (GUM) clinic to obtain tested.
How will you get chlamydia?
Chlamydia is really a infection. The germs usually are spread through intercourse or experience of contaminated genital liquids (semen or genital fluid).
You may get chlamydia through:
- Unprotected genital, anal or sex that is oral
- Sharing adult sex toys that aren’t washed or covered by having a brand new condom each time they may be utilized
- Your genitals getting into experience of your spouse’s genitals – this implies you could get chlamydia from some body even in the event there isn’t any penetration, orgasm or ejaculation
- Contaminated semen or fluid that is vaginal into the attention
It is also passed away by a expecting girl to her infant.
Chlamydia can not be handed down through casual contact, such as for example kissing and hugging, or from sharing bathrooms, towels, private pools, bathroom seats or cutlery.
Is chlamydia severe?
Although chlamydia does not frequently cause any outward symptoms and that can typically be addressed by having a course that is short of, it may be serious if it is not treated in early stages. Læs resten